David S. Secrest
Attorney David Secrest is admitted to practice in all state courts in California, the United States District Court of California, Northern District, and Central District. Mr. Secrest received a BA in Political Science from Denison University in Granville, Ohio, and a Juris Doctor from the University of San Francisco in 1988.
After several years as an insurance defense litigator, primarily in the Bay Area, Mr. Secrest started his own firm focusing on employment litigation. In 2011, Mr. Secrest relocated his firm and family to Santa Barbara, California. Mr. Secrest continues to practice employment litigation across the Central Coast and Southland, as well as the Bay Area.
Mr. Secrest is a member of the American Bar Association, and a number of County Bar associations, including Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. Mr. Secrest has a Peer Rating of 4.4/5.0 (“BV- Distinguished”), according to Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Secrest has been a member of the California Employment Lawyers Association for 20 years.
Mr. Secrest also represents clients on appeal, and has completed such representation in 14 appellate cases to conclusion in the First District Court of Appeal, State of California; 3 cases in the Second Appellate District; 2 cases in the Fourth Appellate District; 12 cases in the Sixth Appellate District; and 3 cases before the California Supreme Court.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- J.D. - 1988
- Denison University
- B.A. - 1978
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Member
- Santa Clara County, Member
- San Mateo County, Labor Law, Member, Referral Panel
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Employment Law Section, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Employment Litigation
- Hostile Work Environment
- California, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California